It is a beautiful day here in Santa Clara, California. I have been invited to speak at conference, on and appropriately entitled “The Art of Evangelism”…
I am speaking later today on a final related to evangelism success stories..
First up is Guy Kawasaki..
He is giving the first keynote, and is using a top ten list to list what is important to evangelizing products:
1. Make meaning…start with a great product..
2. Make mantra… three or four words why your company or product exist… Why do we exist!
3. Roll the DICEE..
Deep: Fanning (Reef) …example…sandal with a beer bottle opener.
Intelligent: BF-104 Flashlight (Panasonic)
Complete: GS Hybrid (Lexus)
Elegant: iPod Nano (Apple)
Emotive: Harley Davidson
4. Niche thyself…have to be high and to the right..
5. Let a hundred flowers blossom..Why are your customers buying your product, ask them why and give them more reasons to buy.
6. Make it personel…
7. Find the true influencers..
8. Enable test drives
9. Look for agnostics, not atheists..
10. Provide a slippery slope…
11. Don’t let the bozos grind you down…
Excellent talk…I have heard pieces of it before, particularly the part about the “Bozos”…
Great talk, very talented guy…Guy!